«MELAS – EPIDAURUS OLIVE OIL DOMAIN» is an extroverted family business ofdealing with production and standardization of extra virgin olive oil based in Lygourio, next to the Ancient Theater of Epidaurus.
Certified with the Food Safety and Quality Assurance Management System ΗACCP – ISO 22000:2018 (TÜV AUSTRIA) the company is a State – of – Art vertical unit consisting of:
- privately owned organic olive groves at a space of 30 acres
- privately owned production and storage facilities
- an olive mill of two (2) production lines covering an area of 500 sq.m., while together with its auxiliary areas a total of 1,000 sq.m., with an annual production capacity of 650 tons
- standardization unit at a space of 650 sq.m. with stainless steel tanks of 100 ton and daily bottling capacity of 20,000 bottles (1 contairer 20 ft / day)
- covered storage areas for olives, storage silos for defoliation leaves and silos for concentration of pomace, olive oil underground storage tanks in stainless steel, warehouses for packaging materials
- certified unit for the production of BIO – Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (BIO HELLAS S.A.)
- certified unit for the production of Extra Virgin Olive Oil of Protected Designation of Origin PDO Lygourio Asklipiou (AGROCERT)
- certified unit for the production of Extra Virgin Olive Oil of Integrated Agriculture and without any trace of carbon footprint in the environment (AGROCERT)
- Internationally recognized premium quality olive oils with strong export activity since 1992,
while it is also a unit, which can be visited in its totality throughout the year, operating as a rural tourism unit under the title: “THE GARDEN OF OLIVE TREES“.